Monday, February 18, 2008

Indy's Back




and millions of men in their 30's and 40's are wondering, "Is George Lucas about to piss over their childhoods again"?

Hopefully the answer is no. Lucas wrote the story but not the screenplay so the dialogue shouldn't make me cringe. David Koepp, who did write the screenplay has a good deal of experience having written Zathura, Carlito's Way, Spider-Man, the under appreciated War of the Worlds, which was very true to the source material, and my personal favourite, the first Mission Impossible movie so there's a lot of promise there. Ford looks wonderful and it's great to see a real grown up heading an action movie. I know Shea LeBeouf is in it but from the trailer at least it promises to be an Indy movie with added brat value rather than yet another heroic teen movie.

I've got my fingers crossed and my place booked in the queue to see it as soon as it's released.

No comments: