Monday, September 24, 2007

post 100

This is my 100th post. Something of a landmark for me as I'm not reknowned for sticking at things. Over the past 99 posts I've talked about things that inspire me, things that influence me, things that hold me back and things I think are just out and out great. The posts have been largely unfocussed however and have not really fulfilled their purpose. The purpose of the blog was/is to focus me on producing something on a regular basis, maybe not daily but aiming for several times a week. Blog entries were produced fairly regularly but now it's time to step things up.

I need to back myself into a corner so first off, I will check out Illustration Friday and enter something for it each week.

If that goes alright then second, in a few weeks, I will post a page of a comic each week.

I will be creative even if it makes me miserable.

4 comments:

paulhd said...

Well, done. Good luck with the creativity. I've been gettign 'illustration friday' for months and haven't done a thing, but I keep promising myself I will!

Peter Bangs said...

Thanks, it seemed like a good idea to back myself into a corner. I'll probably live to regret it but you've either got to put up or shut up in the end.

Malathionman said...

If I say I'm going to do, I do it, but I wouldn't say it if I wasn't sure I would do it. My motto is under promise and over deliver.

Peter Bangs said...

I tend to follow that rule for everything I promise to do for everyone else but myself. Keeping promises to myself has always been the problem.