Thursday, March 09, 2006

changing face

Very busy few weeks but expected to slow down after this weekend, interview coming up for promotion. Mixed feelings about the whole thing. I've applied for my bosses job which I've been doing since she left. Colleagues, well meaning as they are, are already referring to it as "my"job as if these things were guaranteed. They don't seem to realise that the fact I've been doing the job doesn't mean I'm the best person for the job. Other applicants may have better qualifications or more experience or simply perform better in interview situations. My main thought at the moment is that at least I won't have to keep on doing two jobs for an extra pittance and working myself into the ground. I'm not big on metaphors but I'm really trying to keep too many balls in the air at the moment.

No comments: